In order to be up-to-date with the rapidly changing conditions of today's world, we have based our program on basic management skills. One of the most important characteristics of our program is that the number of required courses is kept at a minimum while the number of electives allowed are designed to be as high as possible to allow our students to focus on new trends and different areas they are interested in.
In order to check the graduation requirements please click here.
For the recommended course program please click here.
Sabancı University's undergraduate program in Management recognizes the importance of well-educated and innovative managers for building organizations that compete successfully in global markets and contribute to the economic development of our country. The mission of this program is to foster individuals who will eventually become such managers. While the students learn current techniques and practices, the emphasis of the program is on the analytical and problem-solving skills that enhance the students' capabilities for innovative thinking and decision-making under changing conditions. All students receive a solid basic background in humanities, sciences and mathematics.
Common Outcomes of Undergraduate Programs:
- Understand the world, their country, their society, as well as themselves and have awareness of ethical problems, social rights, values and responsibility to the self and to others.
- Understand different disciplines from natural and social sciences to mathematics and art, and develop interdisciplinary approaches in thinking and practice.
- Think critically, follow innovations and developments in science and technology, demonstrate personal and organizational entrepreneurship and engage in life-long learning in various subjects; have the ability to continue to educate him/herself.
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English by oral, written, graphical and technological means.
- Take individual and team responsibility, function effectively and respectively as an individual and a member or a leader of a team; and have the skills to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Have an understanding of economics and main functional areas of management
- Have a basic all-around knowledge in humanities, science, mathematics, and literature
- Have a basic knowledge of law and ethics, awareness of social and ethical responsibilities
- Work effectively in teams and environments characterized by people of diverse educational, social and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communications in English
- Pursue open minded inquiry and appreciate the importance of research as an input into management practice; thus, a.know how to access, interpret and analyze data and information by using current technologies b.use the results from analyses to make informed decisions
- Use office softwares for written communication, presentation, and data analysis
- Demonstrate awareness that business settings present different opportunities and challenges for managers due to environmental/contextual differences that arise in economic, political, cultural, legal-regulatory domains