The International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma
About Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS)
Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International.
The mission of the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, to foster personal and professional excellence, to advance the values of Society, and to serve its life long members.
The mission is supported by the five objectives of the Society. These include:
- Encourage and honor high academic achievement by students of business and management through chapters in business programs accredited by AACSB International.
- Foster in Beta Gamma Sigma members an enduring commitment to the founding principles and values of Society: honor and integrity, pursuit of wisdom, and earnestness.
- Support the advancement of business thought and practice to encourage lifelong learning.
- Enhance the value of Beta Gamma Sigma for students and alumni members in their professional lives.
- Advance the visibility and reputation of Beta Gamma Sigma.
Member Benefits and Programs
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma provides valuable benefits for members on Campus and throughout their professional lives. Take advantage of the Society's programs as you advance throughout your career.
For details of BGS benefit Opportunities and Career Assistant, please click here.
Sabancı Business School and Beta Gamma Sigma
Sabancı Business School has established a chapter and become a part of the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) in May 2013.
Beta Gamma Sigma Lifetime Membership Eligibility
- Baccalaurate - Top 10% (Senior class students)
- Post-Baccalaurate (MBA, Masters in Finance) - Top 20% (Last year of program)
- Doctoral - All who complete
- Faculty/Professors - Earned doctorate from AACSB accredited institution or tenured business faculty or teaching at establishing institution for 6 years
- Administrators - Dean/Director, Academic Vice President, President, Chancellor
- Chapter Advisor - Qualifies for Honorary Membership if not otherwise eligible
How to Become a Beta Gamma Sigma Member?
In each Spring term, Sabancı Business School sends announcement for Beta Gamma Sigma membership application to eligible undergraduate and graduate management students. Interested students complete their application by paying a membership fee and they are nominated to Beta Gamma Sigma by Sabancı Business School.
The students receive their lifetime membership certificated with an Induction Ceremony.
For more information, please contact Burcu Albayrak Gunaydin (email@example.com)