It is really a great chance for me to get the opportunity to act as the Dean of Sabancı School of Business Management (SBS). Beginning from my very first days, I appreciated the warm friendship and sense of purpose of this great faculty and staff who, under the supervision of the previous deans, have already succeeded in:
- Achieving AACSB accreditation (currently held by less than 5% of business schools worldwide)
- Entering the Financial Times rankings of top Business Schools in Europe
- Signed a strategic alliance with Columbia Business School
- Building the first finance trading room at a Turkish university CAFE (Center for Applied Finance Education) as the backbone of our Masters in Finance program
- Greatly expanding our ties with the business community in Istanbul, including creating advisory boards for each of our diploma programs
- Tripling the number of students in our professional programs (Executive MBA, MBA and Masters in Finance) and achieving job placement rates in the mid to high 93 percentiles for these; growing our undergraduate program to the second largest program at SU and graduating PhDs in Management who are sought by strong universities in Turkey and abroad
- Establishing the Minor program in Entrepreneurship, Business Analytics and Finance in the undergraduate program
- Expanding our international partnerships so that now more than 50% of Sabancı MBAs go on an international exchange, and all our Executive MBAs attend Columbia Business School as well as have the option of spending an additional week in Brazil, England, China, Italy, Russia, South Africa or the USA.
- Our early and continued emphasis on issues of sustainability and ethics across SBS with our active engagement with UN Global Compact, Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), Corporate Governance Forum and more.
- Launching the university wide Entrepreneurship Council
With such a wonderful team, I am totally sure that in a new future we will be able to attain our vision of becoming the top business school in the region. I am proud of being a member of Sabancı SBS which is an exciting, innovative, highly professional place that maintains a warm and friendly environment, with very close ties to one another, the business community, and a wide network of international partnerships.
Whichever of our many highly regarded programs you decide to attend, know that you will be joining a world-class management school where you will be appreciated. If you share the values I have described above, please join us.
We look forward to welcoming you!
School of Management